Thursday, April 22, 2010

Filipino! - Like

I have been going out with this wonderful girl for a little over a year now. She's everything to me and I adore her in every way. But I do have a problem, she's filipino and no I don't have a problem with her. My problem is that I can't speak a word of Tagalog.
Of course We communicate daily in English, but I would love to be able to speak Filipino someday. So I took the opportunity to get some basic phrases written down for me to memorize and maybe this can help you too. Feel free to comment if you see any errors or would like to add some phrases. It sure has a lot of similarity to the Malay language.


  • Gutom ako    -                    I'm hungry
  • Pagod ako    -                    I'm tired
  • Inaantok ako       -              I'm sleepy
  • Anong oras na?           -      What time is it?
  • Anong ginagawa mo?  -      What are you doing?
  • Kain na tayo               -       Lets eat
  • Anong gusto mo?        -       What do you want?
  • Ingat ka lagi                -       Always take care
  • Saan ka nagtatrabaho?-       Where do you work?

I'll do little blog later on filipinos here in Malaysia in general and why they are still considered to be the most polite people in this region! Meanwhile, enjoy this video and it sure will make any Filipino proud to be a Filipino. I'm very proud to be a Malaysian but I'm also proud that I have a Filipino girlfriend!



Take care, jaga diri and ingat lagi!